Friday, June 20, 2008

Eames stamps: 42 cents of style
So while at the post office this afternoon, I asked the sullen woman behind the counter about their stamp offerings. "We have a Minnesota stamp and a Frank Sinatra stamp," she replied, showing me a lifeless version of each.

"Umm, anything else?"

Then she reached into her drawer and pulled out these amazing stamps (above) honoring the work of Charles and Ray Eames. "Wow!" I said, making little effort to conceal my excitement. I haven't seen stamps that look this fantastic since the Calder stamps of 1998 (my wife and I used them on our wedding invitations).

In addition to showcasing their furniture, one of the stamps is a still from the film "Tops" and another features a crosspatch fabric design, according to the Los Angeles Times.

No comments: